TITLE: National Economist/Expert to Develop the Financial Programming and Policies Framework for the Ministry of Economic Development
Application Deadline: 2023/09/22
Ecorys, an international consulting firm, is seeking a motivated and experienced macroeconomist to join the team for the implementation of the Macroeconomic Planning and Management Project (MPMP). The project aims to implement a macroeconomic planning framework at the Ministry of Economic Development (MED) of Mongolia by December 2024.
In delivering this work, the expert will be closely engaging with the MPMP Country Lead for Mongolia. He/she will be based in the Macroeconomic Policy Department (MPD) and will work alongside MED staff involved in the implementation of the macroeconomic planning framework.
At broader level, the expert will be part of an international team that is currently delivering similar work in Ghana, North Macedonia and Uzbekistan.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The objective of the assignment is to develop Financial Programming and Policies analytical tool for Mongolia.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Develop the framework by bringing together and linking the real, external, government and monetary sectors;
- Undertake analysis of and forecast key macroeconomic variables included in the framework;
- Build MED’s capacity to use the framework;
REQUIREMENTS macroeconomic modelling, forecasting and providing training and must meet the following minimum qualification requirements:
Education: A suitable candidate should have a bachelor's degree in Economics, finance, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in macroeconomic modelling, forecasting and experience.
- Experience in providing training in the development, maintenance and use of macroeconomic models.
- Experience drafting reports and analyses on the macroeconomic situation and outlook.
- Familiarity with IMF’s financial programming framework will be advantageous.
Language skills: Proficiency in English and excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent analytical and research skills;
- Proficiency in Excel;
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, as well as adaptability and social awareness.
SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The expert will report directly to the MPMP management team and will work on a day-to-day basis with MPD officers and economists on all matters related to the assignment.
The Director General of the MPD will meet regularly with the expert to review progress and to resolve any outstanding issues. The expert will be required to carry out the tasks in line with the approved Work Plan which will serve as a basis for measuring progress on desired outcomes and goals for the entire duration of the contract.
If you possess the above qualifications, please submit the following documents via email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter